So this relation between Drugs and Music Festivals becoming strong day by day. Last week two people died at Defquon1 Australia and seven at Vietnam Music Festival. All these deaths are caused by drug overdose.
Joseph Pham, 23, from western Sydney, had a heart attack and died after an apparent drug overdose at the Defqon.1 music festival in Penrith on Saturday night. A 21-year-old woman from Melbourne also died. And the government plans to ban Defquon from Australia.
The two dead have not been named but they were both in their 20s and died in hospital after collapsing, according to police.
- Do clubbers need access to drug testing?
- US woman jailed over cocaine in high heels
- Mystery powder paralyses backpackers
“I’m absolutely aghast at what has occurred…” Ms Berejiklian said in a statement. “This is an unsafe event and I’ll be doing everything I can to make sure it never happens again.”
On the other hand, There are seven deaths at Vietnam and 5 are in coma. This is also from drug overdose.
The victims, all Vietnamese, tested positive for an unspecified drug prompting officials to ban all EDM festivals in the capital in the wake of the fatal incident, which has shocked the conservative city.
Officials said the dead were all in their 20s, while the five people in a coma are between 18 and 30 years old.
If this keep happening more event will band in the new future. It’s the ravers who responsible for that because no festival sell drugs on an event.
“We do everything we possibly can to make these events safe. What we can’t do is be in people’s heads, be in people’s decision-making processes when they decide to take illicit drugs,” said Assistant Police Commissioner Allan Sicard.