Mainstage of EDC Orlando catches fire last day during Kayzo’s set. It was the very first beginning of the set and suddenly a small fire catches up from the top of the stage. It may happened because they got fireworks on the top.
We have a video captured at the moment , which also appears to show the crowd being ushered away from the stage – clearly for safety reasons. Kayzo and Pasquale Rotella of Insomniac both tweeted at fans to let them know what was going on.
An official statement from Insomniac reads, “There was a small fire at the kineticFIELD stage, which was fully contained and extinguished by the fire department within minutes. No employees or attendees at EDC Orlando were injured. Music on the stage has resumed and performances will continue as scheduled.”
— Cali Dre (@mrcalidre) November 11, 2018
Wow guys there was a major fire on the maisntage during the beginning of my set at edc Orlando. Had to stop but the team here at edc and the fire deprartment were swift and are doing their best to get the stage up and running. I love you guys. Thankful everyone is safe
— kayzo (@KayzoMusic) November 11, 2018
Heads up, EDC Florida Headliners. The small fire at kineticFIELD has been contained and we are working with the fire department to make sure everything is safe before the music resumes. Hang tight! ??
— Pasquale Rotella (@PasqualeRotella) November 11, 2018